A variety of dermatologic conditions and diseases can affect veterinary patients including skin, ear, and nail disorders.
We work with you and your veterinarian to diagnose and provide compassionate, expert care to pets with dermatology conditions.
Peak is pleased to have partnered with Dermatology for Animals to provide dermatology care for companion animals.
Dr. Lara Tomich has extensive training in the management of allergic, infectious (e.g., bacterial, fungal, viral), parasitic, congenital, and autoimmune skin diseases, dander related skin disorders, alopecia (hair loss), and benign and malignant skin cancers. Chronic infections and inflammatory conditions of the ears are also generally related to skin disorders. Allergies, hair coat changes, acute and chronic ear problems, and auto-immune diseases are all common conditions that benefit from the assistance of a board certified dermatologist.
Seeking early consultation with a board certified dermatologist can help to manage your pet’s skin and ear problems more safely and effectively, and often more economically.
Common symptoms that may benefit from the advice of a dermatologist include:
- Chronic scratching, licking or chewing
- Chronic or recurrent skin or ear infections
- Hair loss
- Greasy or malodorous coat despite bathing
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus (MRSA) or Pseudomonas infection of the ears
At Ethos, we offer treatment of the following conditions:
- Atopy (Environmental Allergies)
- Autoimmune Skin Diseases
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Drug Reactions
- Ear Diseases
- Ectoparasitic Skin Diseases
- Endocrine/Metabolic Skin Diseases
- Feline Skin Diseases
- Flea Allergy Dermatitis
- Food Allergies
- Fungal Skin Diseases (including ringworm)
- Immunologic Skin Diseases
- Oncologic Skin Diseases
- Bacterial Cultures
- CT Scan
- Deep Ear Cleanings (including myringotomies under general anesthesia)
- Fine Needle Aspirates
- Food Elimination Diets
- Fungal Cultures
- Intradermal and Serologic Allergy Testing
- Skin Biopsies
- Skin and Ear Cytologies
- Skin Scrapings
- Video Otoscopic Examination
QUESTIONS & SCHEDULING
To schedule a dermatology consultation or for questions, please contact Dermatology for Animals: