Written by Marissa Ann Portillo, BS, RLATG, CM
Welcome to our new pet recipes series!
We’re focusing on easy, healthy, yummy recipes that your pets will LOVE!
For our first recipe, we are celebrating the end of blueberry season and summer by making:
Chewy Blueberry Peanut Butter Cookies
This simple, gluten-free, vegan cookie recipe is a healthy and delicious option for pets. With blueberry season coming to a close, we wanted to make the most of the remaining fruit we had. These cookies are an easy alternative to some of the commercial products that are currently available for pets. Both gluten-free and vegan means that these cookies work well into many pet’s diets.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen/thawed blueberries (no sugar added)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (No salt or sugar added)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Allow your pups to taste test blueberries for freshness.
- Mix blueberries, oats, and peanut butter in a bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into small ½” round balls and place about ½” apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for ~7 minutes or until golden brown
Tested and approved by Sebastian, Smeagol, and Miss Piggy.
Also tested and approved by Sylvester the rat.